Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tree bark and cranberries!

Hello folks. l have been having a housework day today..yuck! But to cheer myself up, l also did some dyeing and some unwrapping.
The image below is of a kilna jar full of boiling water and the bark from a Paperbark Maple Tree. It is a beautiful tree, very colourful and the bark feels like papyrus paper.

The next results from my Eco dyeing are from Cranberries! I put the berries in a jar and then covered them in boiling water and left them to "cook". Then a few days later l put a few pieces of cotton and let them "stew"! And here are the results after a long wait.
This is the result on silk.
Then this piece of silk was wrapped round an old iron nail.


I was really pleased with the colour from the cranberries.

4 comments:

  1. Love the results of some of your dyeing experiments Lynda. The ctranberries look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really nice effects here.
    Many years ago I used to live in Putney. I worked in Thorntons on Putney High Street in 1985-ish. Thanks for coming to visit me :-)

    ReplyDelete