Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My new piece of work on Wool/Mohair

New work.  This is the first time l have dyed a large piece of wool/mohair. I am really pleased with the result. I used Eculyptus leaves, rust keys, rusty coke tins and the waste from the garden patch. I have put up a few images of parts of this piece. I have decided to add some of this to a beige cotton/wool jumper that l have. Hopefully l will show the end result...if it works!!!!!Fingers crossed please.
First side......
Second side..haven't decided yet which side l will favour.
Love the pinky colours that have appeared in the pattern.

 Love the way there appears to be a heart shape made here from two leaves!

1 comment:

  1. The photos from your trip look great!
    I think your art is AMAZING, too!

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Mary C. Nasser